Participants are expected to be largely self-sufficient. Do not plan on dropping or getting picked up from the trail. And beware the safety and comfort of the checkpoints – they are mind-sucking black holes.
160-mile will have 3 checkpoints:
- 1 & 3: Ojibwa Park (heated shelter) @ approximately mile 45 & 115
- 2: turnaround in Park Falls at the Gastropub @ approximately mile 80
80-mile will have one checkpoint:
- Ojibwa Park (heated shelter) @ approximately mile 35
No guarantees but we will try to have some hot food available at both checkpoints. You will be able to refill water supplies, rest awhile, use the bathrooms, etc.
Drop bags for both checkpoints will be collected at race start. Keep them small! Drop bags will definitely be outside at Ojibwa and likely also outside at Park Falls – so do not pack liquids.
A few checkpoint rules:
- Ojibwa: no sleeping inside!
- Park Falls: sleeping allowed upstairs in the designated area; no sleeping in the pub area downstairs
- No bikes or sleds inside either checkpoint
- Please limit the amount of gear you bring inside
- Dry of snow and ice as much as possible before going inside, especially in Park Falls