December 28-30, 2018
Not approved with the DNR yet, so possible it could change.
Registration to open sometime around July, but keep an eye here in case it happens earlier.
Results have been posted on Ultra Signup (details of checkpoint in/out times are on the Live Tracking spreadsheet in post below).
Also, the overall finish rates for each race are at this link.
Not every racer will be carrying a tracking device. We will be tracking all racers in and out of the checkpoints at this link.
We are partnering with Trackleaders to provide participants the opportunity to be tracked online, using either your own tracker or by renting one. The fees are $15 and $40, respectively.
For either option, please complete the registration at this link by end of day Friday Dec 22nd!
Dec 26th Update: there are still a number of trackers available – sign up by end of day Wednesday!
Trackers will be distributed at Gear Check on Thursday Dec 28th or Friday Dec 29th.
Racers – please share this info with any crew or spectators!
This race is considered mostly self-supported; the only people allowed to help racers are (1) other racers and (2) race volunteers.
Your racer will be disqualified if you do any of the following:
- Provide any kind of support other than cheering at any time during the race, whether it’s on the course, off the course, or at a checkpoint
- Enter the Ojibwa checkpoint – it’s small and therefore only racers and race volunteers are allowed inside; no exceptions
- Go upstairs at the Park Falls checkpoint; you are allowed to be inside the Gastropub public area but not upstairs; if you are in the pub waiting for your racer, please be respectful of the business – the food is great so be sure to support them!
- Call the race directors to ask where your racer is because their spot tracker stopped working or is stationary
A few important updates –
- 80-mile race will start from the St Anthony School / Church parking lot at 6th Ave & Division St. – this is the same location as the previous 2 years. However, the big difference is that this year we won’t have access to the school itself so you will not have a nice warm place to gather pre-race…
- The church group will be providing coffee and baked goods to racers for free, on our behalf; spectators can make purchases
- The bathrooms at the church may be open but don’t rely on this; if they are open, we ask that you are respectful of the space and only use them if absolutely necessary – and absolutely no gear, sleds or bikes inside
- Parking for race weekend in Rice Lake will again be in the (now closed) Rainbow Home Store parking lot – across the trail from the KC Hall, on Hammond Ave. Please ensure you park in the designated area in the north west corner of the lot, closest to the KC Hall. No parking for racers at the KC Hall at any time Thursday through Sunday. As always, take care to avoid littering. We are grateful to the owners to allow us to use this space for the weekend.
- Gear check will take place inside the KC Hall; no sleds or bikes are allowed inside the hall! Please bring ALL of your required gear into the hall. We know it’s a pain for bikers if you already have your lights attached to your bike, but we don’t have the time to run outside to check individual bikes.
- 160-mile checkpoint in Park Falls – directions are posted here.
- The checkpoint is in the Park Falls Gastropub (formerly the CCC bistro that hosted us the first few years we did the race start/finish in Park Falls)
- Local veteran volunteer Gail Boushon will again be running the checkpoint
- Space is limited and the pub will be open for business during the race so please be respectful – no bikes or sleds allowed inside and limit the amount of gear brought inside
- Food and beverages will be provided to racers and pub menu items can be purchased
- Sleeping space upstairs, yes, stairs are a bit cruel after 80 miles!
- Note: you must check in and out! Even if you don’t need to stop – just pop your head in the door and make sure the volunteer gets your race number
Registration closes at midnight (central) this Friday, December 1st. Sign up now for one of the few remaining spots!
P.S. If we don’t fill the 160-mile, we will likely have a few spots in the 80-mile, so if you are interested in getting on the waitlist email us at: email@example.com